These park rules are in place for the good management of the Park and the benefit of all who use it.
These rules form part of the Licence Agreement that is the contract between us for your occupation of a pitch on the park. They should be read alongside your Licence Agreement.
The park rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the terms of your Licence Agreement.
The expression ‘you’/’your’ means the Caravan owner and/or occupier and this includes anyone using or hiring the Caravan from you. The expression ‘we’/’us’/’our’ refers to the park owner and/or manager.
Please make sure that anyone using the Caravan is aware of the park rules.
The rules set out below are the park rules referred to in your Licence Agreement. You are reminded that breach of these rules is a breach of your Licence Agreement and could result in termination of the Licence Agreement.
1. You should use the park safely and should not cause danger to others.
2. You should obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
3. Children under the age of 18 should be supervised by a responsible adult at all times and must not be left alone in caravans or on the park.
4. All accidents must be reported to the park reception (or bar, if the accident occurred here) as soon as possible after the incident occurred and documented in the park accident book.
5. You should not leave items on the common areas of the grass, that is any area which is not designated as your pitch. We reserve the right to remove any item that causes an obstruction to the grass cutter or strimmer.
6. You are solely responsible for securing the Caravan.
7. You may only use alarms of the silent, monitored type and not audible alarms.
8. We do not accept responsibility for any personal loss or loss or damage sustained to the Caravan, vehicle or associated property whilst on the Park, unless such loss or damage has arisen as a result of our negligence or breach of our obligations to you. Please note that CCTV is operational on our parks for your security and safety.
9. You are not permitted, under any circumstances, to install CCTV equipment.
Swimming pool safety
10. You must follow the procedure for use of the swimming pool and all the separate rules applicable to the pool. The rules and procedure are displayed at the entrance to the swimming pool.
Permitted number of occupiers
11. The Caravan may not be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than the ‘maximum sleeping capacity’ stipulated in your Licence Agreement; if no number is stipulated then it may not be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than the number for which it was designed.
Visitors to the Caravan
12. Only people lawfully staying with your permission have permission to enter the park.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors and all occupiers of the Caravan adhere to the park rules. For security and health and safety reasons, please make reception aware of any visitors occupying the Caravan (ahead of their visit) by completing and returning the subletting occupancy form.
Condition of the Caravan
14. You must not change the exterior colour or finish of the Caravan, decking or any other associated ancillary item without our prior consent in writing.
15. The Caravan must be maintained in a good state of repair and condition.
16. You are responsible for keeping the area around the Caravan clean and tidy.
17. The underside of caravans and steps must be kept clear at all times.
18. Windbreaks must be dismantled at the end of each day and when the Caravan is not in use.
19. To maintain standards on the Park and to prevent damage to the Park and its installations, any development works to the Caravan or pitch, including decking, patios and all types of masonry work, fences, slabs or any other type of work that will alter the appearance of the Caravan, the pitch or surrounding area must be done by us or our contractor(s). You agree to pay us for any development works to the Caravan or pitch at your request. We will provide you with a written quotation for any works to the Caravan or pitch.
20. ‘For sale’, ‘For let’ or similar signs situated on the Caravan or the Pitch are not permitted.
21. Hot tubs and paddling pools are not permitted.
22. No wooden or metal structures, such as children’s play equipment or similar, are permitted.
23. You must not erect any tent or gazebo on the park.
External storage boxes
24. You are only permitted to have one metal or plastic external storage box (timber storage boxes are not permitted) and it must not exceed 122cm (4ft) high by 183cm (5ft) across.
25. Your storage box must be located at the back of the Caravan. If this is not possible, it must be located on the same side of the Caravan as the door.
End of season
26. It is your responsibility to drain down and prepare the Caravan for the closed season. By prior arrangement with the park reception, we can drain down and prepare the Caravan for the closed season on your behalf. Please contact the park reception who would be pleased to assist and book this in for you.
27. For reasons of health and safety, and ensuring gas bottles are un-damaged and transported safely to the Caravan, gas bottles are available from the Park only. These must be paid for prior to delivery to you. Gas delivery times may vary; please check with the park reception for further details.
28. Due to circumstances outside our control, such as supplier demand and availability, our ability to supply any services including, but not limited to, gas, electricity, and water may be affected. We recommend that you ensure you have sufficient gas to last during any period during which the park office is closed.
29. You must store no more than 2 gas bottles on the pitch.
30. If you experience any problem with the park’s electrical, gas or water system, you should contact us. You must not attempt to work on any part of the park’s electrical, gas or water system yourself; this includes any installations on the pitch.
31. The use of electricity generators is not permitted on the Park.
32. You must not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, babies’ nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease or paint.
Trees and shrubs
33. You must not cut any trees or hedges at the park. If you find any tree or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory you should take the matter up with us; do not deal with it yourself.
34. You must not plant any tree or shrub.
35. You must not tie ropes or drive nails into trees.
36. You may only use washing lines of the window sill type and must remove them and store them out of sight immediately after use.
37. Only general domestic waste is permitted to be disposed of in the park bins. Non-domestic refuse such as furniture, electrical appliances, building materials or waste or similar, must not be disposed of on the Park. These items must be disposed of in accordance with the local waste management service. We can provide recommended disposal companies, if required.
38. You must not deposit refuse outside the Caravan. You should use the refuse bins provided.
39. Recycling points are available on the park and you should use these facilities where appropriate.
40. Items such as cardboard boxes must be compressed as much as possible so that they take up less space at the recycling points.
41. If you find that a bin is overflowing, please report it to the park reception.
42. All vehicles on the park must be roadworthy, taxed and have a valid MOT and be insured to drive on the road.
43. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
a. major vehicle repairs such as dismantling of part(s) of the engine
b. works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
44. Motor vehicle repairs must not be carried out at the park but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown.
45. Quad bikes, ATVs, trials bikes, electrical or motorised bikes, go-karts, hoverboards and powered scooters are not permitted on the park.
46. You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
47. Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads.
48. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit of 5mph.
49. For reasons of access and safety on the Park, you must notify the park reception as soon as reasonably practicable of any delivery of goods and services to the Park so that parks roads are not unreasonably obstructed
50. Cars can only be parked if you are occupying the caravan.
51. You should respect the privacy of other caravan owners and keep noise to a minimum between 22:00hrs and 07.00hrs.
52. Open fires and ground-level barbeques are not permitted.
53. Only one barbeque per pitch is permitted.
54. When not in use, any barbeque must be stored at the side of the Caravan next to the door.
55. You may only consume alcoholic drinks within the boundaries of your pitch or on the park’s licensed premises.
56. You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the park.
57. You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
Ejection on grounds of behaviour
58. In the event of persistent or serious misconduct by you, a member of your family, your occupiers, visitors or guests, we will follow any relevant notice procedures in the Licence Agreement. We do not have to follow any formal procedure to eject other visitors.
59. Only one hosepipe per caravan is permitted.
60. Hosepipes are only permitted to be used from Monday to Thursday, except in the case of an emergency. If you need to use a hosepipe outside of these times, you must obtain permission from the park reception.
61. Hosepipes are not permitted on bank holidays or during the period of any school holidays. For example, Easter, Christmas, summer holidays and any half term break.
62. You may only use the hosepipe to wash the Caravan and/or decking. Hosepipes must not be used to wash boats, cars or vehicle accessories.
63. All pets that you bring to the park must be well behaved and not cause a nuisance. If you do not supervise and control any pet or animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk
64. Pets are not permitted in certain areas of the park . Please check with your park reception for more information.
65. You must keep any dog on a short lead at all times on the park.
66. You must clean up after your pet.
67. Your Licence Agreement contains undertakings not to cause any nuisance, undue noise or disturbance. These extend to the behaviour of pets and animals.
68. You may only play ball and other games in the areas set aside for recreation.
69. You may not fly kites on the park due to low lying powerlines.
70. You may not use the park address for postal deliveries.
71. Patio heaters are not permitted on the park.
72. All caravans must be fitted with a smoke and heat detector, carbon monoxide detector, fire blanket and fire extinguisher. These must be kept serviced, in good working order and checked regularly in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
73. Any fixed ventilation in the Caravan must not be obstructed, blocked over or replaced by closable (hit and miss) type vents.
74. No combustible/flammable items should be stored under or near the Caravan.
Periodic Inspections and Insurance
75. It is compulsory to have the following valid periodic tests a copy of which must be provided to the park office:
- Annual Gas Safety Record
- EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) - every 3 years
- Annual PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) Report if subletting
76. It is compulsory for all caravans/chalets to hold valid insurance on a new for old basis. If you do not insure though the park insurance scheme, an administration fee of £42 will apply
77. Permission to sublet is controlled by your Licence Agreement.
78. You must notify us of your intention to sublet privately and of each individual booking by using the online form available.
Parks with Clubs and Bars
79. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the club house unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult.
80. Where you are found to be in breach of these park rules, management reserves the right to refuse you entry to the club and/or request that you leave the club house and bar. You are reminded that a breach of the park rules is a breach of your Licence Agreement and could result in the termination of your agreement.
81. Entertainment may vary due to circumstances outside of our control. Management reserves the right to amend or cancel entertainment. We will provide you with reasonable notice of our intention to do so where this may affect you.
82. In the interests of safety of all those who are the Park, we operate a stop and search policy where we have a reasonable suspicion of possession of alcohol or illegal substances. We will undertake any search with reasonable diligence and professionalism. Where your consent is withheld, we may refuse you entry to the club house and bar and refer any concerns to the police.
Parks with Lakes and Streams
83. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and not be left unsupervised to play or wander around the lake or stream on the Park.
84. All types of water recreation such as water-boarding, rowing, kayaking, swimming or similar on or around the lake or stream are not permitted.