South Wales is best known as home to the Welsh capital Cardiff, but travel away from the city and further down towards the coast and you will be treated to unspoilt countryside, stunning views and sandy beaches.
Vale Holiday Parks in South Wales
The southern region of Wales is often ranked as one of the top places to visit in the UK and it’s not difficult to see why: beautiful beaches, spectacular scenery and fantastic golf courses all make it a wonderful holiday destination.
Located in the stunning Vale of Glamorgan, Porthkerry Leisure Park has beautiful views over the North Devon coastline and easy access to all that South Wales has to offer. It is the ideal spot for a seaside holiday, there are plenty of sandy beaches such as Cold Knapp Bay to visit and the famous Barry Island Pleasure Park is just a 15 minute drive.
Relax in the Vale’s beautiful countryside surroundings, explore the nearby coastal paths, or if you fancy a day of shopping then Cardiff City Centre is less than 10 miles away.
Our holiday parks in South Wales
Porthkerry Leisure Park is a new addition to Vale Holiday Parks, it is currently an owners-only park but keep checking back for updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
QWhat are the best beaches in South Wales?A
Jackson’s Bay, Whitmore Bay and Cold Knapp Bay are all Seaside Award beaches.
The best beaches in South Wales include:
- Jackson’s Bay
- Whitmore Bay
- Cold Knapp Bay
- Rest Bay
- Dunraven Bay
- Aberthaw Beach
- Penarth Beach
QWhere are the best places to visit in South Wales?A
There are plenty of places to visit in South Wales:
- Relax on one of the areas beautiful beaches and have a dip in the sea
- Visit Cardiff city centre for a spot of shopping and sight-seeing
- Ride the rollercoaster at Barry Island Pleasure Park
- Play a round of golf at one of the many courses in the region
- Explore Waterfall Country in Brecon Beacons National Park
- Catch a show or a match at the Principality Stadium
QWhat towns / cities are in South Wales?A
Towns and cities in South Wales include:
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Vale of Glamorgan
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
QWhere are the best places to take the kids in South Wales?A
There are lots of funs things to do with the kids in South Wales, including:
- Amelia Trust Farm, Barry
- Fforest Fawr Sculpture Trail, Tongwynlais
- Margam Country Park, Port Talbot
- Barry Island Pleasure Park, Barry
- Porthkerry Country Park, Porthkerry
- National Museum, Cardiff
- Millennium Coastal Park, Llanelli